About the company:
Owned by a sister-team, Öko Creations was founded in 2009.
At Öko we believe in clever and cute products that help you care for the planet and your family.
That’s why we make textile products for women and babies from high-quality, conscientiously sourced material that will not only last but are designed and manufactured in Canada.
Öko is a Germain word that means «eco»«
About the product(s):
Öko sent me an assortment of their cloth pads. Including:
Öko-mini: Discreet and unbelievably comfortable, the Öko-minis are made with two layers of absorbent hemp fiber (but no waterproof layer) and offer light protection during your period when combined with a menstrual cup or tampon or for any other day in between for light vaginal discharge.
Öko-liner: Made with two layers of absorbent hemp fiber and a breathable waterproof fabric, these panty liners offer great protection for your period’s medium flow days. They are thin, comfortable and effective.
Regular Öko-pad: Made with three layers of absorbent hemp fiber and a breathable waterproof fabric, these pads offer a great protection for your period or against light bladder leakages while still being quite thin and comfortable. Heavy flow.
Long Öko-pad: Made with three layers of absorbent hemp fibre and a breathable waterproof fabric, these pads are longer than our regular pads and have two pairs of wings that attach around your underwear. The wings hold the pad in place and make it extremely well suited for night time as well as daytime flow or for bladder leakages. Very heavy flow.
I thoughly enjoyed using these Öko cloth pads. I found they were easy to use, comfortable and the washing procedure didn’t take any extra time out of my schedule.
I find cloth pads are more eco-friendly, as well as budget friendly. I personally have an allergy to conventional period pads, so these are useful in my situation.
Öko makes their pads so they are absorbent as well as comfortable. A lot of cloth pad companies use microfiber, a cheap material that, although absorbent, is very drying against the skin. I’m very happy that Öko uses cotton and hemp, instead.
If you are looking for the following, then this product is for you:
• Fewer leaks: Our hemp fleece is ultra-absorbent and each of our products (except the Öko-minis) has a breathable waterproof layer that prevents leaks.
• Prevents irritation: The fabric that comes into contact with the skin is made of natural fibers that haven’t been bleached or dyed. The risks of irritation, allergy and infection are therefore reduced.
• Reduced ecological footprint: A single woman will throw away approximately 12 000 sanitary products in her lifetime and they can take years to decompose. By using Öko- pads, you will not be contributing to those numbers!
• Economical: No more buying disposable pads every month! One Öko-pad can last up to 6 years. Think about the savings!
• Easy care: Sure, it’s not easy as throwing a pad in the garbage can, but it’s not all that complicated either! Our cute Öko-case makes the use of washable pads very easy even when you’re on the go.
• Cute: Who said that sanitary pads had to be ugly? You can choose from a variety of cute patterns that will brighten up your day!