Bathrooms get cluttered so quickly because they’re so small. Unless you’re lucky to have a large bathroom (I secretly hate you…) then these tips are perfect for small spaces!
How To Declutter Your Bathroom
- Storage is key. An over the toilette organizer with doors, or a cupboard under the sink; make sure you have both.
- Get some bins from the dollar store, organize your hair stuff into one, feminine hygiene, and other smaller sized items.
- Over the (under the sink) door holder for your hair dryer. Mine was $8 at Walmart and saves a ton of space by keeping my hair dryer upright and off the precious space.
- Shelves. Bed Bath and Beyond has these awesome shelves meant to stack plates in a cupboard. A couple of those would be perfect for under the bathroom sink. You can have space under and on the shelf.
- Keep the bathroom cleaning supplies under the sink. Yeah, you heard me, I’m telling you to introduce stuff.
- An organizer for the tub is ideal.
- Keep the children’s tub toys in the linen closet. They don’t need to be in the bathroom 24/7. The humidity can inhibit mold growth, anyways.
- Don’t use towels as a bath mat for when you step out of the tub. Just don’t. It’ll most likely be forgotten on the floor and look cluttered and dirty. Bath mats are relatively inexpensive at Walmart or even the dollar store.
- Keep the countertops tidy. Put your toothbrush away in your over-the-toilette cupboard, and your hair ties somewhere else. The only thing that should be on your countertop is hand soap.