You know I love me some list posts. Well here’s a useful one!
So many women have a hard time with confidence and self-esteem, and I think it’s time to put some tips out there to make everyone love the skin they’re in!
Here are a few ways to gain confidence.
- Get dressed. Every. Single. Day. Even if you’re a stay at home Mom or a college student, don’t you dare wear your pj’s past 10 am. Get dressed, put some earrings on, cute panties, whatever makes you feel ‘done’.
- Following the last post, put some makeup one (if that’s your thing) even if it is just mascara. Whenever I feel sad or have trouble with what I see in the mirror, makeup always makes me feel better. Oh, and brush your hair, please?
- Always wear cute, clean panties. You never know what might happen where someone’s going to see your knickers. Cute paramedic because you fainted? Guy you met at the pub? (Hey, who am I to judge?) Just wear cute undies.
- Who cares what people think? “They’re more scared of you than you are of them” is a quote I recently heard in regards to being self-conscious around other people. Your belly chubs out when you sit? I bet that girls farts smell really bad. Everyone has their flaws, no one is perfect, so own it! Do you really think someone will come up to you and tell you that your ass looks huge in those pants? no. Although you may receive compliments! You never know.
- Scared to have nookie with the lights on? Why? Your spouse definitely loves your body, and I’m sure they wouldn’t try to dance the horizontal tango if they didn’t. Put that cute lingerie on, and shake that booty! Your spouse will thank you. Plus, I’m 99.9999% sure you’re sexy. The 00.0001% is Mr.Bean. He’s not sexy.
- “That shirt is too loud, and bright” you’re a beautiful woman! Dress how you want to dress and screw what anybody else thinks (unless it’s a compliment, ha) I’m currently wearing black and bright purple leggings. I’m a size 14 and guess what? I’m comfy, and I love this print!! I also own coral coloured jeans which yes, I have worn in public. Got a bunch of compliments, too.
- Remind yourself of your strengths and accomplishments. For example, I am strong, I am friendly, I have become a great blogger (I think), I was successful in direct sales, and I have kept my pets happy, healthy and alive… go me! You always have something to be proud of, within you. Just dig for it.
- Have a good support group. It doesn’t need to litterally be a support group you go to once a week, drink coffee and share stories. No. But it does have to be people you are close with, that you can go to in times where things are bleak, and you need a pick-me-up. Someone who says “I’m on my way, red or white?” when you tell them your husband is being a ding-dong. You need people who you can connect with and feel special with.
- Set small goals and achieve them. “50$ into savings” can easily be ticked off in most situations. Or, “I will do these three piles of laundry” done! You’ll feel accomplished and ready for an adult beverage.
- Smile. Smile at strangers, at the grocery store. Smile at your dog for all I care, but just smile.
I double dog dare you to implement some of these points into your life, and then watch as your confidence begins to sky rocket!